Re: Im pulling apart my baby bumble-bee

To: "Mark Snowdon" <racer45@bellsouth.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Im pulling apart my baby bumble-bee
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:06:51 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark,
If when you say "lifting it out, by hand" you mean without the use of a
hoist, the answer is yes!  My son abnd I did this with a 1275 engine/
gearbox complete. We stood either side of the car with a length of 6 X 4
between us, resting on one shoulder each.  The engine was slung close to
that with only about 6" slack.  Knees bent, back straight, 1,2,3 lift! We
both had 2 hands free to guide the engine out and it was really quick and
easy.  You do need to be sure you have disconnected everything (earth strap
included !) 'cos its kinda awkward to put down half way through to attend to
the bit you forgot!
Hiring a hoist is cheap enough, but when they say that the only one they
have is booked out for a whole week.... well!

Guy