Re: Cool LBC

To: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Cool LBC
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 07:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It is still legal for use, but has to be purchased and
handled by a licensed technician (believe there are at
least 2 certifications needed).  Production was halted
Jan. 1, 1996 (maybe 1995?  Can't recall exactly) of
all Class I ozone depleting chemicals here of which
CFC R-12 is one. Under the Montreal Protocol it was
supposed to halt in 2000, but was later accelerated.
Unrecovered venting is illegal, and in some areas it
was/is illegal for a technician to service a car with
a detectable leak (this was the case when I lived in
Florida, but the law was changed because lots of games
can be plaed with leak detection).

BTW, production of Class 2 ODC's (HCFC's like R-22
used in a lot of refrigerators) begins phaseout in
2004, ending in 2030.