Re: Cool LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cool LBC
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 07:34:15 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I thought the problem with refrigerant was not so much a greenhouse one but
an ozone one.
I remember hearing in an environmental chemistry lecture that one molecule
of CFC such as R12 destroys around 10,000 ozone molecules in its long
lifetime in the upper atmosphere.Can't remember whether it was a free
radical reaction or what...
Andy