Re: Crank Counterweights

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, pasgeirsson@juno.com
Subject: Re: Crank Counterweights
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:34:46 -0800 (PST)
Cc: suhs2@hotmail.com, Bkitterer@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
OK...let me clear the air a little. The thermostat was
an example based on looking through the web site for
the first time. I'm not looking for parts or
complaining. I mearly made a first impression response
based on someone mentioning the site. I have no reason
to doubt anyone on this list...if I did, I'd say it.
As far as the knowledge of the owners of the site...I
have nothing to go on other than other list
members...please refer back to my previous statement
about doubting anyone on the list.

I agree...if someone is willing to take the time to
explain some technical info to you about a part or
function of a part...paying the extra money shouldn't
be an issue. Also...if the part is actually a better
quality part...the extra money shouldn't be an issue.

I know it's hard to start reading in the middle of a
thread...I sometimes don't know what's going on until
I read the complete thread or ask the list.

If there are any further questions, feel free to ask.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.

--- DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> Standard Time,
> maine2me@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << I have a problem paying $9 for a 165
>  degree thermostat for my 1500 Midget that costs
> under
>  $5 from Moss. >>
>
> Dan:  First, why such a cold thermostat?  I had a
> 180 in my   1500 and just
> went to a 195 for the winter.  Never a problem.
> Seems like a thermostat that
> cold wouldnt allow the engine to reach a good
> operating temperature as
> quickly.   And I buy mine at the local Pep Boys or
> Advance Auto for less than
> either of those.
>
> --David C.

Do You Yahoo!?