Re: Cars

To: midgetman@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:05:09 -0800 (PST)
Ok...Slow down there Rex!
First off...yes, you are in the right place.

As far as needing to know everything...you'll never
get there BUT you WILL get an opportunity to learn a
lot.

You don't really want the biggest one! Trust me! I
would look for a pre 1975 model with a 1275 engine.
It's a little more reliable.

Sprites and Midgets are pretty much the same car with
a few subtle differences...of course the Bugeye is the
exception.

Some good books would be the Bentley repair Manual,
Haynes repair manual, Original Sprite and Midget...for
a start.

Who fixes them?...There are some shops around...but
most of the time it'll be you. Hense you'll get the
opportunity to learn a lot about them.

Is one guy better than the other? It depends...most of
the people that work on these cars are enthusiasts
themselves.

There are clubs. You're more likely to find an MG or
Austin Healy Club rather than the exact model club.

You can find lots of information on the internet. Club
info as well as general info.

You can go to http://www.classifieds2000.com and do a
search for MG or Austin Healy. You can also watch the
classifieds in your local paper. You can find them all
over the place.

I have one question for you...how old are you? I would
guess you're relatively young from the email.

You will learn a lot if you watch this list and ask
questions if you don't understand something.

One word of advice. Do your research before buying
one. Others on this list will back that up...trust me.
You have plenty of time to learn some of the important
stuff.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.