Re: Cars

To: midgetman@ix.netcom.com, Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: Cars
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 06:33:03 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/24/2000 12:03:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
midgetman@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Well I figure since they sold more and they came from a bigger company.
The sprites are supposed to be cheaper and the midgets are supposed to be
kinda upmarket. I dont know if i really want a car as old as 1959. thats old.
Besides I guess they dont have windows so what happens if it rains. >>

Naahhhhh Rex!!!   They are basically the same car with interchangeable parts.
 Small differences, but both are great little cars--very drivable.  Let me
suggest perhaps, and again arguably, the best of the best:  The 1967 Sprite.
Attached top, roll-up windows, strong 1275 engine.  I think you will like it.
   Go ahead and invest a couple of thousand more and get one that is drivable
so you dont get bogged down with a non-driver you end up spending two or more
years restoring and up on blocks.  It will be lots cheaper in the long run
too.

A 1959 car is as restorable as a 1979 car.  I have seen later models that are
nothing but piles of rust held together by the paint.  The older, non-roll-up
window models have side-curtains that install when it rains.  Perform the
function of windows.  It is all a matter of taste.  Whacha like is whatcha
like!

--David C.