Re: Midget rotor removal

To: "Bill Mantz" <bmantz@roanoke.infi.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget rotor removal
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:17:18 -0400
From "Bill Mantz" <bmantz at roanoke.infi.net>

> Started to change the front brake rotors on the 71 Midget, and decided to
> read the manual first for a change. According to the manual (Haynes) you
> must remove the hub. I really don't see why you would, but I haven't tried
> it yet. Does anyone else remove the hub when replacing the rotors?

Yep, the hub must come off. Unlike most current cars where the rotor is
merely "sandwiched" between the wheel and the hub, the rotor on the Spridget
is bolted to the back of the hub, so you must remove the hub to remove the
rotor. I had a '70 Monte Carlo once and the rotors and hubs were a single
unit.

I need to do this same job soon myself. Have the rotors, just haven't put
them on yet.

Good luck!

Eddie
1971 Midget