Re: Midget rotor removal

To: Chris King <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Midget rotor removal
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:29:55 -0700
Cc: Spridget mail list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The 92 Accord that was recently stolen from my house had rotors that the dealer
would only turn ON THE CAR for over 100 bucks.  That's $100 just for turning
them and then you paid for a brake job.  I would not accept that and learned
how to remove them.  You have to remove the axle nut and withdraw the the
whole steering knuckle and bearing, brake assembly from the CV axle.  You can
get at the mounting scews for the rotor then, but only with a 12 point metric
socket.  As Haynes says, "Assembly is reverse of removal."  PITA, adn the
rotors would warp if the lug nuts were not torqued correctly!
Mike MacLean Supercharged 60 Sprite