Re: Midget rotor removal

To: esheffield@prizmail.com, bmantz@roanoke.infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget rotor removal
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:40:31 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/01 10:16:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
esheffield@prizmail.com writes:

> Yep, the hub must come off. Unlike most current cars where the rotor is
> merely "sandwiched" between the wheel and the hub, the rotor on the Spridget
> is bolted to the back of the hub, so you must remove the hub to remove the
> rotor. I had a '70 Monte Carlo once and the rotors and hubs were a single
> unit.
>
> I need to do this same job soon myself. Have the rotors, just haven't put
> them on yet.

It is a relatively easy job.  I would suggest that you replace the rotor
bolts, especially if you don't know how old they are.  They should last a
long time, but if they are the original ones, they may have been removed and
re-used several times.  You don't want stressed out bolts on your brakes.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget