Re: Midget rotor removal

To: Eddie Sheffield <esheffield@prizmail.com>, "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Midget rotor removal
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:17:35 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Eddie,

You could probably re-use them BUT...I stand by the
saying "Going is an option, Stopping is a must."
With this in mind; at a couple bucks a piece...I would
say $4 is cheap for that ease of mind and possible
safety.

Dan

--- Eddie Sheffield <esheffield@prizmail.com> wrote:
> > Now, these are not the cheapest bolt in my
> inventory at $1.75 each.  I use
> these
> > on all Disc brake conversions that I install on
> Morris Minors.  They are
> > originally supplied with Spridgets, BMC part #
> BTA370.  Ford flywheel
> bolts are
> > the same type, but I'm uncertain of the length or
> diameter.  Ford part
> number is
> > B8AZ-6379A, Bolt, Fly/whl.  Travel there at your
> own risk!
> >
> > Regards, Paul A
>
> Thanks for the info! What's your take on replacing
> them when replacing the
> rotors? My '71 most likely has the original bolts in
> it. Should I replace
> them as part of the job as was suggested, or can
> they be safely reused?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eddie
> 1971 Midget

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Alexandria, Va.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/