Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets

To: miket@rio.edu, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Handling, TR vs. Spridgets
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:55:59 EST
In a message dated 1/15/02 11:40:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, miket@rio.edu
writes:

> I have owned a TR3 since I was 18 and have autocrossed it. The first
> time I brought it out I felt like I was driving a tractor, "plowing"
> through the turns. I am upgrading it this winter and we'll see how it
> goes this coming season. I think TR's can be explained like hot rods.
> Big engines (by English standards) on a simple frame. A TR has to be
> beat and thrown around to get the same speed through a turn.

I gotta second all this discussion.  The Bugeye (with Vega GT Wheels) feels
like a street-legal go-kart.  It is more than happy to be tossed, twisted and
generally abused through a corner -- it's very hard to break it loose.
However, my old TR3A would have none of that, squealing and protesting and
swinging around at the slightest provocation.  Still fun, but not a car I'd
have wanted to autocross.

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye