Re: Fw: My 76 Midget

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: My 76 Midget
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:36:37 -0800
The only time I had a hard time getting my 79 into reverse is when I had just
put
the thing back together after a rebuild and it was sitting on the bench and I
was
testing it all out.  As I recall, its either an all or nothing proposition.  It
will either go into reverse right every time or it won't go in at all.  Do check
to make sure that you give a hearty upward pull, that is the key.  Whimps need
not apply when shifting the Marina gearbox.  I had never driven a ribcase until
long after I was used to a 1500, all my 1275 friends wondered why I was trying
"Caveman" the shifts.