Re: Axle HELP

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Axle HELP
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:25:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Gerry....

I have never had to do this so I am not going to say but I would
ass-u-me there is
a definite wear pattern when "used". But I've been wrong before on
"intuitive" stuff
so we'll let another more versed on this
speak up in time for guidance in terms of
"used" so we both know what to look for in
this respect with no guessing.

Gerry...look at this from a realistic point of
view. You say you want to do this job once? So...with every
respect...are you
planning on selling this car in future or is it a "keeper"?

When the 948 and/or gearbox wears out...
are you planning on upgrading in terms of
a larger or more powerful Series "A" or
upgrading the gearbox to maybe a 5 speed with the "stronger" Datsun
clutch?

And of course, there is the question of
how you choose to spend your hard-earned income which is nobody's
business but your's! :)

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)