Re: Pulling Midget Engine

To: charles.m.love@us.army.mil, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Pulling Midget Engine
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:43:36 EST
In a message dated 1/7/05 11:42:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
charles.m.love@us.army.mil writes:
> Where are the best connect points for pulling engine and tranny together.
>
> I was going to connect to the alternator connection plate on the right side
> and I don't know what to connect to on the other side.

Monty:

I personally stay away from the shop manual-suggested valve cover bolts for
pulling the engine--don't really trust them--, and do indeed use the alternator
bolt on one side and the rear exhaust manifold stud on the other.   Also a
leveler is very handy due to the extreme angle you have to shift the motor and
tranny into to remove and re-install them.  If you have a Harbor Freight
nearby, levelers sell for $20-30 there.

--David C.