Re: Pulling Midget Engine

To: "Love Charles M \(Contractor\)" <charles.m.love@us.army.mil>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Pulling Midget Engine
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:29:46 -0600 with any abuse report
> I forgot to drain the transmission oil and it all poured out the back  of
> The tranny when I tilted it up.  Is this normal?

Yes, it is normal. The seal is effected between the oil seal in the
tailshaft
of the transmission and the snout on the front of the driveshaft. When the
driveshaft is removed, viola! No Seal! This is a rite of passage, so no
one pointed out to you that the trans shouold be drained. Now you have
been baptized into the sacred personhood of Spridget People!
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget