RE: Pulling Midget Engine

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Pulling Midget Engine
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:41:45 -0600
Oh yeah, I have kitty litter all over the garage floor now, also..

WOW, a right of passage...  I really did accomplish something this
weekend...

Monty

> I forgot to drain the transmission oil and it all poured out the back
> of The tranny when I tilted it up.  Is this normal?

>> Yes, it is normal. The seal is effected between the oil seal in the
tailshaft of the transmission and the snout on the front of the driveshaft.
When the >> driveshaft is removed, viola! No Seal! This is a rite of
passage, so no one pointed out to you that the trans shouold be drained. Now
you have been
>> baptized into the sacred personhood of Spridget People! David Lieb 1972
RWA Midget