RE: Re:Beware of ebay Seller

To: "'David Riker'" <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: Re:Beware of ebay Seller
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:30:31 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
There is no reason to go that route, the postal inspectors can confirm if he
cashed the money order.  You have your receipt, he cashed it, we have postal
fraud.  I will only pay with postal money order or cash when I pick up the
item. The postal inspectors will investigate at least, may put a scare in
him when they knock on the door. Even if they only take a report from him.
                Crash

When dealing with private parties and money or money orders in the mail, I
have resorted to requiring the sender to use priority mail with delivery
confirmation.  Without a way to track payment & with the delays of the mail
service (the two reasons I love paypal)  it is too easy for someone to say,
"well, I mailed it, tough sh*t."  If a seller only accepts money orders (no
paypal) then I SEND my payment via priority mail w/delivery confirmation.  I

know the WE TIGHT crowd is cringing at paying $4.+ to mail a piece of paper,

but it gets my payment to the seller in 2 days & I can prove that the seller

received payment.
David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/