Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: b-evans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:25:47 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
b-evans@earthlink.net wrote:

> 5. Pick a place where you can generally be assured of good weather,

We had 4 days of rain in 1988, 3 days in 98, and 7 days in 2003.
So you can bet it's gonna be a rainy event if Sprites are involved.

So do we have a show of hands for Rockford, IL?
I personally don't care where it is. I'm driving.
I would suggest a 4 day weekend type event, Arrive Thursday, leave
Sunday. Or Fri-Mon to minimize lost work days.
Try to keep registration fees around the $200 mark, this will not
include rooms or meals but maybe a banquet dinner would be included in
the fee. This would make a realistic cost per couple at around $1000
with food, drink and lodging and misc expenses like gas, tee shirts etc.
I can not stress the importance of PRE registration. The organizers will
need a head count as will the hosting facilities and deposts MUST be
placed in advance. So a May 2007 early registration would be very likely.

Just a bit more info for those who want to be railroaded into
volunteering to organize this event.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ