Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:18:39 -0600
From "Frank Clarici" <spritenut at comcast.net>

So do we have a show of hands for Rockford, IL?
I personally don't care where it is. I'm driving.
I would suggest a 4 day weekend type event, Arrive Thursday, leave
Sunday. Or Fri-Mon to minimize lost work days.
Try to keep registration fees around the $200 mark, this will not
include rooms or meals but maybe a banquet dinner would be included in
the fee. This would make a realistic cost per couple at around $1000
with food, drink and lodging and misc expenses like gas, tee shirts etc.
I can not stress the importance of PRE registration. The organizers will
need a head count as will the hosting facilities and deposts MUST be
placed in advance. So a May 2007 early registration would be very likely.

Just a bit more info for those who want to be railroaded into
volunteering to organize this event.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

************************

No matter where it ends up, it would be foolish not to tie it in with the
race series.  Blackhawk is a lock, right Flounder?

Rockford would be a great location because it is a day and a half from the
farthest guys on the east coast and three days from the farthest on the west
coast.  That would give the best chance for the most people to attend.  The
largest concentration of Spridgets according to
http://www.frappr.com/midgetspriteowners is easily from the Misssissippi
east and in the northern half of the country.  Ergo, most of the cars are a
day and a half or less away.  For the west coast guys -- what a great
opportunity to travel the historic Route 66 to the event.  Way cool.

Chicago is close, Blackhawk is right there, Road America is close (possible
touring??), the Kettle Moraine south of Elkhart Lake has some of the most
beautiful touring roads around.

Pretty strong arguments for Rockford.

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."