Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> information
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:54:18 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hey this sounds like a great idea. I have one minor problem. The
Philadelphia MG Club is hosting MG 2008 at Valley Forge the next to
last week in June. I am in the committee and doing registrations etc.
This is a big job folks (some of you already know that ;-)

So if the Anniversary is before that, I am not at all sure I can
help, or come. After, I should be able to come to the meet.

On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:14 PM, Frank Clarici wrote:

> I am throwing this idea out now some 2.5 years before the time
> because it will take that long to properly book this event.
> I would like to see a mega Spridget (note that means Sprite AND
> Midget)
> blast around May of 2008, 50 years after our little cars were
> introduced.
> I am not an event organizing type guy but maybe we have those types
> on this list?
> Someone in the middle of the USA so people from both the right and
> wrong coasts can make the trip reasonably.
> This gives everybody 2 years to finish their projects.
> Come on now, a Spridget only takes a few months at best if you WORK
> on it
> We would need a place for say 200 attendees
> An autocross area/large parking lot is a must
> A drag strip close by is even better
> This would involve mass mailing, emails to other clubs, notes in AH
> and MG pubbys, etc.
> I am sure the east coast Oshit team can organize this event but we
> really do need to have it more centrally located so more people
> attend.
> What do you folks think?
> Any volunteers from the mid america region?
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or

believed to be clean.