Re: [Spridgets] 50 Worst Cars

To: "WJHS1960" <WJHS1960@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 50 Worst Cars
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:31:15 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "WJHS1960" <WJHS1960@comcast.net>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 6:23 PM

  Cops
found out VERY early into testing the version that the "wings" actually DID
lift the rear end OFF the ground at "serious speed".  Chevy had to take them
all back and "shave" the "wings" of the cars!!

Many years ago I had an early Porsche 911.  Between the aerodynamics and the
light front end I had the same problem with lift, but at the other end.  At
around 115 to 120 the front started lifting and wandering around the road.
Of course, all you needed to do to stop it was to hit the brakes and
transfer weight to the front end.  Great fun for scaring the crap out of
passengers.

LAD