Re: [Spridgets] 50 Worst Cars

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 50 Worst Cars
From: Jethro <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:13:43 -0500
On 9/10/07, Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Many years ago I had an early Porsche 911.  Between the aerodynamics and the
> light front end I had the same problem with lift, but at the other end.  At
> around 115 to 120 the front started lifting and wandering around the road.
> Of course, all you needed to do to stop it was to hit the brakes and
> transfer weight to the front end.  Great fun for scaring the crap out of
> passengers.

I'd heard the 911 had decent aerodynamics ... guess that proves it.
My '63 Corvair front end would lift around 95 MPH.  You wanted to make
sure you tapped the brakes to get good tire contact before heading
into a curve.
What fun!!

And how stupid.
Ah, to be a teenager without a care in the world.

Now, I'm just hoping my kids are smarter and safer drivers than I was.