what's wrong with this picture???

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: what's wrong with this picture???
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:12:22 -0500
To all,

As you can tell, when the Flounder bullshit level increases, race time must
be near...

So... what's wrong with this picture? The Red Rat Bastard is race ready. How
can this be? Don't I have to be fixing umpteen different things well into
the night the day before I pack and leave for a race? Something's wrong
here... oh yeah... I have no life. Hell, I even got the moped running today.
Do you realize that I possibly could even show up with the car "clean"?
(Clean being a relative term when applied to the RRB...).

New rear leafs, rebuilt shocks, prototype bearing/seal combo on the double
bearing hubs... 4 qts of new Redline... I'm good to go. I'll be roping up as
much real estate as I can Thursday... Greg "Hand Tool" Schultz will be there
early to help with the land grab. Friday will be laid back... a little
toolbox organizing, a little Land Barge maintenance, and a little
harrassment of the competition. If you're going to be around for Friday
night, let me know early, as I'll have the Smokey Joe fired up.

I want to give a shameless plug to Peter at Worlwide Auto Parts in Madison,
WI. They do a great job of rebuilding lever shocks... better work, and
better price than places like Apple Hydraulics, etc. And, he's a Team Thicko
member, so send some business his way. It's my understanding that they've
got a whole slew of parts for your foreign car... you can reach Peter at
nosimport@mailbag.com . He will be at Thicko Village next week. I'm going to
stop by his shop on Tuedsay on the way back from Minneapolis... so let me
know if you need me to pick up anything for you.

Who's race ready, and who's not? I've heard from Roger "L. F." Heil... he
won't be making it... something about going through 6 quarts of oil at
Grattan.

When I pulled apart the rear end on the RRB, I discovered why it quit moving
forward on the 6th lap of the feature race at Grattan... seems as though I
wiped the pinion off...completely. Funny how those things need oil.

Elmo (where the hell are you?0 has been conspiring with Chuck "Lumpy
Rutherford" Maranto for some sort of Group2 & 8 combined race. Trophies will
be awarded. Now, before you guys get all excited and drive like most of
those assholes at Grattan in Group 6 (that lost their minds because trophies
were at stake) realize that these will be made of mostly broken race car
parts. And, if you think about it, who's race car seems to brake the most
parts? Yep. Your chance to win a little piece of the RRB.

That's all for now... quit lurking and speak up out there...

Flounder