Re: Old fuel tank

To: Greg Ridge <gridge@nando.net>
Subject: Re: Old fuel tank
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 10:29:34 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 17 Jun 1995, Greg Ridge wrote:

> As I progress on restoring my '72 Spit MkIV, I've run into something of an
> unexpected problem.  My little dinky gas tank has me stumped.  The thing
> looks great from the outside, but has a ton of rust INSIDE it.  (Maybe

Greg,
        Buy yourself a new tank.  If you have that much rust, you may be
wearing thin in some spots.  Call a wrecking yard on the West coast and
have them ship you a good used one.  They're not too heavy or too big to
ship UPS. I don't think they'll go air though.
Look on the Monster Vendors List and call around.  You can get to it from
the web site http://www.team.net/

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6