Re: gt6 waterpump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, barlow@cadesm33.eng.utah.edu
Subject: Re: gt6 waterpump
From: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@chong))
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 95 08:20:05 CDT
Nick Barlow wrote
>I recently ordered a water pump for my GT6 from Victoria British Limited...
>What I ended up with was a Spitfire water pump.
(SNIP--probs with Spit pumps on GT6)
>I called customer service and they seem to think that since
>it's in the catalog that is just the way it is just because that's the
>way it is.  I've had this sort of problem with them more than once...
>...can someone recommend a more reliable and
>technically helpful source for GT6 parts than VBL?

Nick,
I don't know much about GT6 water pumps versus Spit pumps.  I have had
similar problems with VB before and now I use them only as a last
resort.  As you discovered, VB does not offer much in the way of
technical support--their catalog is it.

Currently I use TRF for most parts orders as I find them capable,
helpful, and they have a good return policy.  From the Monster List

------------------------------------
Roadster Factory
The Roadster Factory (aka TRF)
PO Box 332
Armagh PA  15920
814-446-4444  (Note: 2% discount on phone orders.If you buy, they pay for
               the call)
800-678-8764
        Level One (you know the part numbers)  800-678-8764
        Level Two (you need help with part numbers)  800-234-1104
        Tech. Research (answers to your problems)  814-446-4491
        Customer Service (after you've received the part)  814-446-4495
        Order Fax (24 hours)  814-446-6729

Also check out some of the other vendors on the List.

Regards,
Pat Willems
p-willems@ti.com