gt6 waterpump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: gt6 waterpump
From: "Nicholas Glenn E. Barlow" <barlow@cadesm33.eng.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 01:00:05 -0600 (MDT)
I recently ordered a water pump for my GT6 from Victoria British Limited...
What I ended up with was a Spitfire water pump.  This pump would fit
except that the belt part of the pulley sticks out about a cm further than
the correct pump.  Couldn't this cause severe problems like the belt rubbing
on the fan and/or flying off of the engine?  Why do they sell this pump
for the GT6?  I called customer service and they seem to think that since
it's in the catalog that is just the way it is just because that's the
way it is.  I've had this sort of problem with them more than once and I
am a relatively new TR owner.  I currently have a pump on order from a
local parts store, but can someone recommend a more reliable and
technically helpful source for GT6 parts than VBL?

Nick Barlow,
Logan, UT