Re: gt6 waterpump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gt6 waterpump
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 10:39:19 -0400
Jeremy DuBois writes:

> As some of you may remember, I'm currently awaiting a rebuild kit for
>my 76 Spit's front suspension.  TRF didn't have any in stock and had
>no idea when or where they were getting anymore.

I think that they are having trouble sourcing the trunnion.  There was
an article about it in a flyer a few months ago.  Unfortunately, I don't
have it with me to check my memory.  Apparently, Quinton-Hazel was
getting the trunnion from the same caster as TRF, and the caster went
out of business.  So VB is probably running out of stock, too.  Then
again, I could be mistaken about all of this.

>  I agree with everybody else that TRF is more friendly and helpful, but
>they just don't seem to have the parts that VB does...

>From what I've seen, TRF does an excellent job in getting top-notch parts.
They go to great lengths to make sure the quality is up to snuff, not only
functionally, but on many pieces cosmetically as well.  I don't think
VB is as concerned with the quality of their parts.  I'm not saying their
parts are junk, just that you must be more careful when using them as
a supplier.  As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.  So while a
part might be out of stock at TRF because they refused delivery on a
batch of not-quite-right parts, VB has them in stock, because they're
willing to accept a slightly inferior shipment.

Dave Williamson (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits