Re: Veneer for dashboards

Subject: Re: Veneer for dashboards
From: Darrell Walker <walker@epcot.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 95 11:17:11 PDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]
>     Prestige Auto Trim in California makes dashboards for most of the
>     Triumph line.  They charged me $120 for my Spitfire dash.  (The TR4/250/6
>     ones where $140 I think). I believe the ones TRF sales have come from
>     Prestige (or at least some place like it), as the descriptions sound very
>     similar, and are just marked up and re-sold.
>
> I agree, Randy at Prestige makes beautiful dashes; I have one on the shelf
> waiting to go into my 4A. But the $150 dashes are hardwood, not ply; his
> plywood dashes are in the $300+ range, depending on wood choice. TRF's dashes
> are all ply - so either they're getting a *really* good price from him or
> getting them somewhere else.

I will second the recommendation for Prestige.  I have a french fiddle-back
walnut dash with the show finish, and it is absolutly beautiful.  At the
time I bought mine(3 or so years ago), he was suppling the solid teak dashes
to Moss.

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@core.rose.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: Darrell Walker/HP5200/UM