Re: Veneer for dashboards

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>, JERRYTOY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Veneer for dashboards
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 10:36:55 -0700 "Re: Veneer for dashboards" (Jun 21, 8:14am)
    Prestige Auto Trim in California makes dashboards for most of the
    Triumph line.  They charged me $120 for my Spitfire dash.  (The TR4/250/6
    ones where $140 I think). I believe the ones TRF sales have come from
    Prestige (or at least some place like it), as the descriptions sound very
    similar, and are just marked up and re-sold.

I agree, Randy at Prestige makes beautiful dashes; I have one on the shelf
waiting to go into my 4A. But the $150 dashes are hardwood, not ply; his
plywood dashes are in the $300+ range, depending on wood choice. TRF's dashes
are all ply - so either they're getting a *really* good price from him or
getting them somewhere else.