TR6 Vacumn Advance etc.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Vacumn Advance etc.
From: rsmith@jog.syr.servtech.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 18:41:28 -0600
Hi Everone,

Let me start by saying that i am very glad i stumbled across this group.
I have had so many questions answered without even asking them. you are
all doing it for me. Guess you have to love working on British Autos in order
to drive them.

Anyways, I have a 73 TR6 with a bad Vacumn advance diaphram. It's a single
unit and i am not sure what problems i may experience while running in this
condition. I have tried to locate another Vacumn advance assembly with no luck
without purchasing another whole distributor. Would anyone be able to steer me
in the right direction on the purchase of one? Which leads me to another
question. How do you all feel about Electronic Ignition? And last but not
least i still am having quite some problem in locating the red plastic hazard
warning knob on the dash, The switch is fine. I just need that darn knob to
finish off that beautiful solid teak dash that i installed two years ago that,
so far looks as nice as the day i put it in.

Thanks for any help you all can give.

Randy Smith
rsmith@jog.syr.servtech.com

P.S. Anyone Know of a triumph or British Automobile Club in the Syracuse N.Y.
Area?