Re: 76 spit 4 sale....no lbc content.....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Marcus Tooze <tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil>
Subject: Re: 76 spit 4 sale....no lbc content.....
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 95 10:37:34 est
>You know, this is one reason why my fiance and I have vowed never to have kids,
>there are too many things you have to give up like cars, cash, 25 years of
>your life etc etc. I don't know how people do it....
>
>Marcus
>
>P.S. Don't bother blubbing to me how wonderful it is to raise your
>own flesh and blood....I remember what I was like as a child, and I don't
>want to put myself through what my mother had to endure.

   You also miss the opportunity to pass the LBC disease off to the next
generation... my 24 year old son bought a '75 Spitfire and is now a Scion of
Lucas.  He was a motivating force in the purchase of my 1980 Spitfire that
returned me to SOL status after 5 lonely years wandering in the desert!  Between
the two of us, we have my 16 year old son salavating pretty badly and I suspect
he will become a SOL soon enough.  Look at the comaraderie of this list, the joy
of assisting another SOLer.  Yes, the little beggars are often a pain in the
hindermost parts for some 18 to 20 years, but when they embrace the true meaning
of life (owning and maintaining an LBC) it is all worth it!  If we are to
preserve LBCs, we must pass them, and the appreciation of them on to the next
generation!   The Triumph you save from the crusher in 20 years may be your own.

    regards,  John