Re: 76 spit 4 sale....no lbc content.....

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: 76 spit 4 sale....no lbc content.....
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 11:04:41 -0700 (MST)
> Met a person who needs to sell a 76 spitfire.  The usual story of new baby
> means car must go.

I'm not going to get into the children thread...cheez, my dog takes
up so much attention I think kids would give me a nervous breakdown.

ACTUAL AND PERTINENT LBC CONTENT AHEAD!
Just wanted to mention that whenever discussion turns to the buying
or selling of the 1976 model Spitfire care should be taken to mention
whether it's the "true" 1976 spec and not just titled as one:  9:1 CR,
3:63 diff, doubled valve springs...the goodies that make it the most
desirable U.S. Spitfire.  Still had the weakling single Stromberg
though.

Makes a big difference to a potential buyer, if he has any sense.
True it had its own problems: the mid-70's were B(PS)L's quality
low water mark (did they ever have a corresponding high?) and
this is the period that gave British cars their generally unearned
reputation for electrical problems.

- Dan
'79 Spitfire (California spec, slowest of the 1500s.  Argh.)
'65 Vitesse (1600cc 6-cylinder...pistons the diameter of a #2 pencil)