Re: 76 spit 4 sale....no lbc content.....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil
Subject: Re: 76 spit 4 sale....no lbc content.....
From: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@chong))
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 95 10:04:17 CDT
>You know, this is one reason why my fiance and I have vowed never to have kids,
>there are too many things you have to give up like cars, cash, 25 years of
>your life etc etc. I don't know how people do it....
>
>Marcus
>
>P.S. Don't bother blubbing to me how wonderful it is to raise your
>own flesh and blood....I remember what I was like as a child, and I don't
>want to put myself through what my mother had to endure.
>                                ^^^^^^^^

I have two of them, 4 yrs and 1 yr, and you are correct in giving up
your cars, cash, etc.  My '72 Spit gets about 3 hrs/week of my time on
average.  Fortunately it does have its advantages--you get to watch
your 4 yr old son drive his mother crazy the way you drove your mother
crazy.   At the pace I am going, I should have my Spit done about the
time the 4 yr old gets his license.  I am sure he will beg to drive the
Spit ("Oh, please, please, Daddy") and I will eventually give in.  Then
he will probably wrap it around the first tree he finds--of course, he
will emerge unscathed to his mother's relief.  Now that I think about
it, anyone want to adopt a 4 yr old--doesn't sass much, rarely leaks
where he's not supposed to, has bundles of energy.

Pat Willems
p-willems@ti.com