Thanks and help again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks and help again
From: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 01:32:57 -0500
Many thanks to all who responded about decabonizing the tops of my pistons
while in the car.

Those are some good tricks. They are so obvious once you explain them, hard
to see otherwise.

In any event, I have another dilemna.

I still haven't gotten the manifold stud out of the head yet.  To further
worsen things, there is now a very hard "easy out"  (still hate them things)
broken off inside the stud too.  This makes for drilling very tiny holes
around the outside of the easy out, (but still in the stud,) very difficult--
if not impossible.

I also tried whacking the easy out with another punch, hoping it would break
more, but it didn't.

I'm gonna ask some machine shop people about this tomorrow, but I figured I
could ask you all tonight .. .
Any ideas on how to get that stud and easy out . . . out?

A diesel mechaic said "try torching it out,   course you gotta be careful not
to mess up the head . . ."

no kidding.

Thanks again.

Scott Tilton