Re: Thanks and help again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks and help again
From: jazzman@adel.tafe.sa.edu.au (Jase H. Przychodzen)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 1995 09:46:17 +0900
Cc: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
>I still haven't gotten the manifold stud out of the head yet.  To further
>worsen things, there is now a very hard "easy out"  (still hate them things)
>broken off inside the stud too.  This makes for drilling very tiny holes
>around the outside of the easy out, (but still in the stud,) very difficult--
>if not impossible.
>
>I also tried whacking the easy out with another punch, hoping it would break
>more, but it didn't.
>
>I'm gonna ask some machine shop people about this tomorrow, but I figured I
>could ask you all tonight .. .
>Any ideas on how to get that stud and easy out . . . out?
>
>A diesel mechaic said "try torching it out,   course you gotta be careful not
>to mess up the head . . ."
>
>no kidding.

Gezus crites!
I say old chap, a nuclear .1 megatonne howitzer shell or anti-tank mine
attached to the stud will do the trick. US army has them going cheap.
I know this ordynance colonel at White Sands :-)

Sersiously, I had the very same problem.
The trick is buried in my TR7 workshop manual.
Use TWO nuts. Put them on top of the bolt. Counter.
Now you can use the bottom one to use a wrench on.
If you want to you can use a railway one and twist the whole mother off :-)
Jase Przychodzen. Computer Consultant.
Fiberspace : +61-414-393904
Cyberspace : mnemonic@pobox.com       http://dfw.net/~decker
"Will donate vital organs for bandwidth"