Re: Headlamps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Headlamps
From: lmdpth@lmd.ericsson.se (LMD/T/TB Peter Thorsen)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 95 13:23:44 +0100
> Now that the days are getting shorter (At least here in U.K. they are).  I am
> beginning to really struggle to see anything through the windscreen.  The
> reason: Those pathetic headlights fixed to the front of my spit.
>
> I recently took a Peugot 405 hire car out for a spin, and it was almost like
> driving in daylight with the lights on...
>
> I want this sort of visibility when in the spit.
>
> Can any of you good folk recommend a GOOD set of replacement headlights and/or
> suggest the type of bulb/wattage I should be looking for.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris.

First step is to get halogen bulbs, I believe they emit more light at
the same wattage as do ordinary bulbs. (I think I use some called 60/55,
but it may differ from country to country which are allowed.
You can also buy halogens with a higher wattage (90/something) but here
in Denmark they are not legal I'm told, though they are generally available.
Also check that your battery is in good shape and provides enough voltage.

 - Peter

PS: Cleaning the front glass of the headlights once in a while is known
    to produce good results ;)

--

   1970 Spitfire Mk 3 w. 1500 Saloon engine