re: To muffle or not to muffle...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: To muffle or not to muffle...
From: yellowbullet@novagate.com (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 03:19:03 -0500
   Hey all,

   I have a bright yellow '68 TR250 CD915L, popularly known as "The Yellow
Bullet".  Some of you may have seen her.

   Anyway, I am currently replacing my exhaust system.  The previous was a TR250
header (single outlet) sith the Monza exhaust system from TRF.  It has been
on there for 7 years without any ploblems.  It sounded like no other six
for some reason.  It more than likely due to the seriously modified motor.

   The new exhaust system will be composed of a stainless steel header for a TR6
(dual outlet) and two separate stainless pipes to a pair of walker mufflers, to
1-into-2 Monza tips.  I stayed with 1-3/4" pipes because I want more power
at lower rpms.  The dual exhausts should help her breathe better, without
overdoing
it and also sound really nice.  I'll know more in another week or so.

   "Can't drive 55!"

                        Steve