Re: Question regarding using ABS plastic for TR-3 air deflector

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.zNET.com>
Subject: Re: Question regarding using ABS plastic for TR-3 air deflector
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 14:23:23 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Reference your request about additional information.

Soffit material is available at any builders supply.  It is about 2' wide
and may have a texture look/feel on one side. The smoothe side goes toward
the front, but the texture adds some rigidity.   You can trim it with tin
snips and fold it over or whatever for stability.  You can rivet the three
pieces or if you have the front apron off you can do it in one piece
(which is what I did).  [I also took it farther out to the front/side so
that it covered the whole grille area.]

I had the piece left over from doing the soffits on my house (under the
overhang on the roof).  You might contact a couple contractors to see if
you can get some scrap, as it might only be available in large quantities
at the store.  6' was enough to do mine, but if you use the original as a
an actual pattern, 4' might be enough.

Good luck

later...
| CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator              INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu |
| Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
\    '58 TR3A  -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/cfm-tr3.html   /