Light Switches

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Subject: Light Switches
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 13 Nov 1996 15:28:32 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 078CA328A59A0011-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <078CA328A59A0011*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Okay class, let's try to summarize the lessons we've all learned today (and
feel free to jump in with any corrections but I think we have flogged it
pretty well):

On the very early Spits destined for the US market the lighting set up was:
1) column mounted stalk with 3 positions - off/parking lamps on/headlamps on
low beam
2) floor mounted high beam on/off switch
3) dash mounted single pole switch that controlled only the gauge lamps -
on/off
4) SOME had a flash to pass feature for the column stalk

Later, on the Mk III (??someone step in here to help??), the set up was
changed:
1) column mounted stalk with 2 positions - headlamps on low beam/headlamps
on high beam
2) no floor mounted high beam on/off switch
3) dash mounted switch multi-pole switch that acted as a "master switch" and
when pulled out to (presumably) one of several positions turned on in order
 - dash gauge lights, parking lamps and then headlamps.

This meant the demise of that goofy floor mounted high beam switch, and made
the set up more like a typical American car (IMHO).

Does this sound correct?  I've been bombarded all day with tons of
information (thanks one and all - it's been great help!!) and this is what I
have been able to put together.  Cheers.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4