RE: Light Switches

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Light Switches
From: Ralph Jannelli <rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 09:22:48 -0500
Well this is confusing!! When I restored my 1965 Spit MKII I also had to find a
light switch for the dash panel. Ross's summary is close to what I found, with
one main difference! The harness was set up with a circuit that went from the
Brown (battery) on one terminal to another color which I forget at the moment
but that is the power feed to the switch on the column. This means that the
running lights and the headlights would not activate unless the panel switch
was on. The panel switch is a pull switch with two positions. The first pull
will turn on the dash instrument lights only the second pull position will
allow the other lights to activate with the column switch. Does this make sense?

Ralph Jannelli
'72 MKIV Spit
'65 MKII Spit