Re: Webers vs. SU, Strombergs etc-

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tigerpb@ids.net
Subject: Re: Webers vs. SU, Strombergs etc-
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 17:33:03 -0500
Paul Burr wrote:
> Ed; back the the old days (1970's!) there was a 240z manifold that
> allowed the use of a single Holley 4bl. I think it was Weiand or one the
> other west coast hot rod companies. Any body save any maniforld catalogs
> from way back? Perhaps they also made one for TR's.
>  A guy I worked with ages ago had a real nice 240z with tripple
> Mikuni's. Ran like stink, but would idle like your mama's grocery
> getter. These were Japanese Weber knock offs that really worked nice.
> Any body doing a Mikuni set up for Triumphs?

Younds!  Would a setup like this (240z + Holley) work for a Spit (65)?
I will call Weiand and see if there still make this or if another is
available.  It sounds quite fun.

What other kind of other ideas have people on the list tried?  I liek
info like this about putting performance hot rod peices (cheaper and
better!) onto Triumphs.

Ed