Re: Heater fan

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater fan
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 08:54:28 -0500 (EST)
In a previous posting:
>         I would like to tag onto this message with a question about the
> TR6 heater and fan.  The heater/demister in my MG was always abysmal.  I
> haven't tried the TR's system yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it is
> also sub-standard.

He didn't mention the year of his TR6, but if it's an earlier
one with the manual scuttle vent (the fresh air vent at the base
of the windshield), you MUST have that open to get any airflow
through the heater -- with or without the fan.  Makes a world
of difference.

With that open, you can get a fair amount of heat from the unit.
Flow to the windshield is limited; best to keep a cloth handy to
help with the demist issue.  And most of us won't worry about using
it as a deFROST function. :-)  On my car, the PO replaced the dash
pad and didn't cut the demist/defrost openings quite as large as they
should be.  This limits the airflow somewhat, but I'm not willing
to tear into it to enlarge the openings.

Joe Flake
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com
72 TR-6