TR6 CLUNK

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 CLUNK
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Nov 96 22:53:30 EST
> What thing or combination of things inside the diff could
> make that God-awful noise??

I had a similar problem with my TR6 this past year. I got the 6 up on a
rack and found that I had about 1/4 turn of backlash (!) in the driveshaft.
That meant that I could turn the driveshaft about 1/4 turn (either direction)
before either rear wheel started turning. That's Not Good. So I ended up
swapping out the diff with a used one. I had some people say I could
have kept using the old diff, and others said I shouldn't even back it
out of my garage. I swapped it out, and the noise disappeared. YMMV.

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       brucekro@aol.com