Re: New Triumphs

To: dmitchel@ford.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Triumphs
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:10:38 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-25 14:09:52 EST, dmitchel@ford.com (Doug Mitchell)
writes:

<< If you check out the etcetera page from Saturday
 last, and look at the motoring page, you will find an article entitled:

 "The legend that may yet Triumph".

 Interesting article, with some quotes from Harry Webster. The url for
 the Electronic Telegraph is:

 http://www.telegraph.co.uk >>

Thanks for the tip....interesting article indeed. I whole-heartedly agree
with
the quote from Graham Robson in the article:  "I fervently hope the badge
won't be used cynically....We can all hope new Triumphs will have the
character of 1970's Triumphs: sporting, well styled, well equipped and
technologically advanced. We can also hope there will be one outright sports
car"
If Rover does revive the name, I wonder if this will be the case or will the
name be attached to something completely alien to OUR concept of a
Triumph???

Jack Mc
73 TR6