Re: Oil feed lines (was Engine Oil)

To: jibrooks@juno.com, Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Subject: Re: Oil feed lines (was Engine Oil)
From: Hctcbob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 14:08:20 -0500
Cc: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
I have one on my ex-junkyard dog TR6 and combined with an oil cooler and
synthetic 20-50W, it has stopped this car's propensity for eating up rocker
shafts and frying oil. 9 years in the "yard" with only water in the jackets
have left this motor with "clogged arteries" and poor water circulation,
which resulted in high temps and fried oil. It runs great otherwise, even
taking a FTD in a VTR regional a couple of years back. It too puffs just like
Ceraldi described.  My TR3A racecar also has one. Using a little extra oil
doesn't matter when your changing it each race weekend.

Bob in Austin