RE: 73 TR6 front suspension

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 73 TR6 front suspension
From: Kevin Andrews <kevina@wolverine.emji.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 23:45:12 -0500
Robert,
        Not all control arms will have the same amount of shims.Ask Bill Wood
from the TCOC.I had to put at least 4 shims in the rear control arm on one
side to bring the rear toe in.
        I sounds like the car has had a bump up sometime or another.If you
know of a alignment shop that can give you the readings of all four wheels,
then let them do it. The readings will give you all the angles and can tell
you if the car has been hit, and corrected if it had. Also ask to find out the
turning radius on the car .They can do it for you, don't let them tell you
they can't. Because my machine can.
        What you need to look for is the rear thrust angle. This will tell
you how the rear of the car is tracking. Also look at the front set-back.
This will tell you if the car is square.It measures the wheelbase for you.
        If the car has been hit and the alignment is out of spec,see if it
can be aligned.This will help you on your tire wear.Also saves you money.
If not then a frame shop will have to do some work.
        I guess what I'm trying to say is, check the alignment first, it can
tell you a lot about the car and what to do to it.
        Kevin Andrews
        Siler City,NC
        TR-250(CD7766L)