SYNTHETICS: real life experience

To: TR List <triumphs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: SYNTHETICS: real life experience
From: Dennis <d.wilson@asu.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 09:04:18 -0700 (MST)
I have a 1980 VW Vanagon with a 2.0 air cooled engine.  In the summers
in Phoenix, it can get up to 120 in the shade and the temp gauge on my
Midget registers even without driving it.

I changed to synthetics in my VW.  After 2 oil changes, i noticed that
crud build up on the oil strainer cover was gone, and when i shone a
flask-light to look into the crankcase it was free of sludge and crud.
Synthetics clean very nicely.  I change my oil every 6 mos to a year,
but do very few miles.  I change the filter more often.

Just my experience.

Cheers Dennis