RE: Spitfire Turn Signal & Hazard Relay(s)?

To: "Barry H. Adams" <badams@cyberport.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Spitfire Turn Signal & Hazard Relay(s)?
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 08 Jan 1997 08:02:58 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0522232D3C532004-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 08 Jan 1997 08:02:58 -0800
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 08 Jan 1997 08:02:58 -0800
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0522232D3C532004*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Barry H. Adams wrote:
I just purchased a 74 Spitfire (1500) VIN FM 20172 U.  No sooner had I got
it home and backed it off the trailer than the signal lights, fuel and temp.
gauges quit working.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Barry,

Sounds about right.  Not to sound chauvenistic, but think of your new
purchase as a somewhat young and headstrong nubile woman, who will
frequently do whatever she damn well pleases without rhyme or reason, and
who will sometimes even publicly embarass and humiliate you by stalling at
an intersection and then failing to start.  Don't worry, you'll get used to
it.
+++++++++++++++++++
[snip]  I think I have isolated the gauge problem to the voltage stabilizer,
however the turn signal problem is more perplexing. [snip]

Again, see above.  The female brain is one of the great mysteries of life.
[snip]  Does anyone know if the 74's did, in fact, have two separate relays
and if
so where are they located?  Is there anything else I should check?[snip]

She could be seeing another owner on the side.  OTOH, you might try flowers
and a sappy card.  Plus spring for a night out on the town at a fancy
restaurant, it always works for me.  Cheers.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe (next project)