Re: Camber Comphensator? for Mk 2 spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camber Comphensator? for Mk 2 spit
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:17:36 -0800
Andy writes:   < snip >

> for the "swing-spring" as used on 1971 (Mk.IV) and later Spitfires. This
> will bolt in and requires only that you plug the two center stud holes on
> the top of the differential (you can use an existing stud, sawn-off flush
> and perhaps slotted for later removal if needed)
< snip >
And I might add that you must also use the spring clamp from the MKIV or
1500 complete with rubber bush, not the clamping plate of the eariler
versions or the whole thing will be no better than your existing systerm.
Some spring assemblies lack this important item (The one I ordered from Moss
a few years back "springs" to mind)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (major surgery almost done) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+