Re: Camber Comphensator? for Mk 2 spit

To: ericst@MICROSOFT.com
Subject: Re: Camber Comphensator? for Mk 2 spit
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 17:27:21 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< 've heard some mention of modifications to the rear suspension for the Mk
 2 spit to address a tendency to tuck in tight corners. I'm almost done
 installing the new front suspension onto the chassis of my 67 mk 2 spit &
 the rear suspension is next. I've got a new leaf spring, shocks, &
 bushings.  Does anyone know where to get a kit, or other ideas on how I
 should modify the suspension? I've heard that the problem was fixed in
 later spits (mk 3?).  Any details would be appreciated!

 Eric. >>

I haven't seen a listing for a compensator for early Spits/GT6s in years.
Maybe someone out there has. The tuck-under condition is not really a problem
until you start driving aggressivly--it's just not something you'll encounter
during normal driving. If you know you're going to be pushing it, you may
want to swap out the  rear end to a later ('73 - on) style.

Unfortunately, you'll need to replace the transverse spring and axles, both
of which provide a slightly wider stance. You may be able to exchange your
new early spring for a later, pivoting type. Axles, with hubs and vertical
links already attached, may be found used, in good condition (or at least
rebuildable) from a local parts car. Check with members of your local club.

Good luck,
Charlie B.